Who’s Behind the Page?
My name is Paul Lynn, and I’m a U.S. citizen who lives in Bolivia. I retired from my job(s) early in 2016 and have since dedicated myself to full-time Bible study and teaching. As a rule, I try to always be available to help people along their quest for truth. You can always shoot me a question in an email or comment.
Before I came out of Christianity (and organized religion as a whole), I was a years-long member of UPCI (United Pentecostal Church) churches. I never attended a seminary / Bible college, and have absolutely ZERO formal training / indoctrination in anything religion / Bible-related whatsoever.
There is no church, organization, denomination or anything else behind me or this page. In other words, no established “doctrine of man” is being promoted here. My goal is to teach the Bible – plain and simple. As such, I am on no mission to convince anybody of anything. I have created an ongoing resource for people who are searching.
Support / Funding
This page is 100% funded via myself by what financial resources I am blessed with from my working days. Please do not ask me about where / how you can make a donation, because they are neither required nor accepted. This is a labor of love. That being said, if you feel moved to contribute a study that YOU have written, then I’d be happy to discuss it with you. Suffice it to say, I reserve all rights to moderate and curate this page as I personally see fit. If that seems unreasonable, there’s always Facebook and YouTube.
Statement of Faith / Doctrine
Here are some basic, foundational beliefs that I personally hold, believe the Bible makes abundantly clear, and strive to reveal through this work:
- Our god is One (not a Trinity), and His name is YHWH.
- The Bible CONTAINS the word of YHWH, but is not, in and of itself, His “Uncorrupted, infallible Word.”
- There are mistakes, forgeries and translational errors that have crept into all versions of the Bible. There are valuable books that were excluded from modern canons.
- YHWH’s people are called “Israel.” They are a nation of faith – not blood (exclusively).
- The five books of Moses contain the word of YHWH / Torah / Law. This set of instructions has always been His will for us.
- Torah teaches Israel two things: HOW to love YHWH and HOW to love one another – not in our way, but in His way.
- Salvation comes by Faith. Faith produces Works. “Loving YHWH” is defined as obeying His commandments.
- The actual pronunciations of the name of the Creator and the name of the Messiah cannot POSSIBLY be known with certainty today. We all do our best based on the information we’ve considered.
- Yahshua, the Messiah, is to YHWH, the Creator, what Joseph was to Pharaoh – his designated proxy. Yahshua has all of the authority which was bestowed upon him by YHWH without actually BEING the same, literal person.